Since I’m constantly answering this question and since I usually give the same answers, I thought I should put all this info in one place to make it easier for both you and me.
All my snowboards recommendations below are based on a combination of what I’ve ridden mixed with snowboards that come recommended from reviewers I trust. Sometimes I give 2 because I couldn’t decide which I’d recommend more.
For the extra lazy, I included links to reviews for each board so you don’t have to take my word for it. These recommendations are based on 2011/12 season boards although I did include some reviews for the 2012/13 versions.
If you can, I still recommend demoing these snowboards for yourself since that’s the only way to be 100% sure you’ll like a snowboard.
What’s the best snowboard for all-mountain riding?
Lib Tech TRS B2 CTX
- Shayboarder.com – Lib Tech TRS B2 CTX 2011/12
Never Summer SL
- Shayboarder.com – Never Summer SL 2011/12
- Shayboarder.com – Never Summer SL 2012/13
- Angrysnowboarder.com – Never Summer SL 2012/13
What’s the best snowboard for all round park riding?
Arbor Blacklist / Arbor Westmark
Note: Both boards share the same shape, but the Westmark is regular width while the Blacklist is slightly wider.
- Angrysnowboarder.com – Arbor Blacklist 2011/12
- Shayboarder.com – Arbor Blacklist 2011/12
- Angry snowboarder.com – Arbor Blacklist 2012/13
- Agnarchy.com – Arbor Blacklist 2012/13
- Angry snowboarder.com – Arbor Westmark 2011/12
- Angry snowboarder.com – Arbor Westmark 2012/13
- Angrysnowboarder.com – Nitro Rook 2011/12
What’s the best snowboard for jibbing/rails?
Angrysnowboarder.com – K2 WWW 2011/12
Angrysnowboarder.com – Ride Kink 2011/12