By far the most common snowboard freestyle question I get asked is “How do I do a 360?” or something related to doing 360s and spinning.
So below is basically every snowboard tip I’ve ever written on the topic of ‘how to spin a 360′ and the topic of spinning. This covers everything from actual video tricks tips, up to things like balancing in the air, rotating the 360, spotting the landing and more.
1) The Trick Tip Videos:
If you’d rather learn frontside 360s instead of backside 360s first, there are free video trick tip tutorials here, including a frontside 360 tutorial:
2) General 360 & Spinning Tips:
- Should You Learn To Spin Backside Or Frontside First
- How Long Does It Take To Learn A New Spin Trick
- The Most Common Mistake Made When Learning To Spin 360s
- How To Learn Aerial Awareness When Spinning (aka how to know where you are in the air while spinning)
3) Tips For Executing That Spin:
- The Secret To An Effortless 360 Rotation – The Perfect Carve Line
- How To Create Pressure To Spin 360s And Beyond
- How To ‘Pop’ Correctly To Improve Snowboard Jump Control & Balance
- How To ‘Pop’ Correctly (Part 2)
4) Tips To Land That Spin
- How To Avoid Over-Rotating Your Spins And Spot The Landing
- 3 Reasons Why Spotting The Landing Helps You Learn New Snowboard Tricks
There you go. I hope these tips help you stomp that 360!